Thursday 6 January 2011

Thursday Thoughts - My Year End List

 Since its the first Thursday of 2011, and we have been slacking lately (apologies), I present to you my list of all things good and bad in 2010. Mostly music related with a little bit of fashion and popular culture added into the Gumbo pot. Don't judge me.

Mixtape of The Year: Wale - More About Nothing

A lot of people will probably go for J Cole's Friday Night Lights, which was brilliant to be honest, but offered nothing new on two counts, subject matter and what we have come to expect. I have heard about Wale for a long while, but this mixtape opened my eyes, impressive beat selection, several stellar verses and the various topics he touches upon. On top of that,  with all the Seinfield excerpts, making that sitcom seem humorous to me, is an achievement in itself.

Below one of the standout cuts, in which he explains why he fell out with fellow '09 GQ Man of The Year, Kid Cudi.



Album Of The Year: Really wanted to go with Pilot Talk, but this musically blew me away. The production, some serious guest verses by the like of Nicki Minaj, Rozay and Pusha Terrence. 'Gorgeous' is simply that, the arrangements on many songs, both vocally and production-wise not to mention the Chris Rock piece on 'Blame Game'. It's still hilarious to me to this day and more enjoyable than a lot of your favourite songs. A plethora of reasons why, but honestly could have won off the drum programming on 'All Of The Lights' alone. One of my greatest albums. Of all-time.




Two Favourite Male Looks: Pocket Tees and Espadrilles.

I am about to go OTT with the pocket tees, I have like 5 already, in two designs. And with the 'drilles, they can do a lot of things to any outfit. I do, however question folk that wear them on those Syberia-like nights.



Two Least Favourite Female Looks: Fur Jackets and Fake Eyelashes

I have spoken about my disdain for furs before. But these 'feather' eyelashes have got to go, not only are they over-elaborate and just plain silly, girls have stopped wearing for them occasions, and started plastering them on a day-to-day basis. Like in the morning, where is one going at 10am, where feathered fake eyelashes are a must? Hope this trend thingybobby dies very soon.






Some personal moments of 2010: Graduating from Uni
                                                    Getting asked for I.D. for a 18+ game
                                                    Celebrating Christmas in GH.

No comments:

Post a Comment